Hello Aspirants !! Here are all important current affairs in short notes. With this website at hand, you will get a grip to the entire sphere of the knowledge. The sub sections provide a better introspective to the various genres with an added section for the current affairs to keep you updated to the most.
- The Union Government has constituted a new committee to form a strategy to expedite the process of transforming India into a cashless economy. The committee will be headed by Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant. It has been tasked with identifying various bottlenecks affecting access of digital payments.
- Indian Navy’s seventh landing craft utility (LCU) L-57 was launched by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) in Kolkata, West Bengal. LCU L-57 is the largest ship of this kind built anywhere in the world. It is the seventh vessel in the series of eight LCU Ships being designed and built by GRSE for the Indian Navy.
- Cuba’s former president and leader of the Communist revolution Fidel Castro passed away due to old age. He was 90. He was commander in chief of the 1959 Cuban revolution 1959 and had successfully built a communist state on the doorstep of the United States during Cold War.
- The Samvidhan Diwas or the Constitution Day of India is being observed on 26th November to spread awareness of Indian Constitution. On this day in 1949, constitution of India was adopted and came into force on January 26, 1950 marking the beginning of a new era in the history of free India. The Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE) is the nodal Ministry for the celebration of Constitution Day. This year it is second edition of the Constitution Day. On this occasion Prime Minister Narendra has released two books on Constitution ‘Making of Constitution’ and ‘New Version of Constitution of India.
- Some facts about Indian Constitution :
- The Indian Constitution is a core legal document which has nearly 448 articles or provisions in 25 parts, 12 schedules. It is living fundamental document which makes the government system work effectively.
- It lists out fundamental rights of citizens, duties, role of the government, powers of the prime minister, president, governor and chief minister, interaction between the government and its citizens and defines how the federal structure of the country will be maintained.
- It also defines the powers of the legislature, the executive and the judiciary. The key feature of the Constitution is separation of powers while keeping a check on each arm of the government.
- The Indian Constitution drafters had borrowed concepts and ideas from the Constitutions of UK, US, Germany, Ireland, Australia, Canada and Japan.