Hello Aspirants !! Here are all important current affairs in short notes. With this website at hand, you will get a grip to the entire sphere of the knowledge. The sub sections provide a better introspective to the various genres with an added section for the current affairs to keep you updated to the most.
To Download Current Affairs In GUJARATI Click On link Given In Bottom
- Eminent modern Bengali poet Shankha Ghosh was chosen for the prestigious Jnanpith Award for the year 2016. He is the 52nd recipient of Jnanpith Award.
- Jnanpith Award is India’s highest literary honour. Its name has been taken from Sanskrit words Jnana and Pitha which means knowledge-seat.
- It was instituted in 1961 by Bharatiya Jnanpith trust founded by the Sahu Shanti Prasad Jain family that owns the Times of India newspaper group.
- It is bestowed upon any Indian citizen who writes in any 22 official languages of India mentioned in VIII Schedule of Constitution of India and English. Prior to 1982, the award was only given for a single work by a writer. But after 1982, the award is given for lifetime contribution to Indian literature.
- The award carries cash prize of 11 lakh rupees, a citation plaque and a bronze replica of Saraswati, the Hindu goddess of knowledge and wisdom
- Note: Bengali novelist Ashapoorna Devi was the first woman to win this award in 1976. She was honoured for her 1965 novel Pratham Pratisruti (The First Promise), the first in a trilogy.
- Lord’s Cricket Ground has released its top 20 players for this calendar year. Indian test skipper Virat Kohli got the number 1 spot in the ranking owing to his marvelous performance in all format of the game.
- The insurance regulator IRDAI has approved the R3 application and granted certificate of registration to five global reinsurers to opens shops in India.
- The domestic rating agency ICRA has forecasted India’s gross value added (GVA) growth to be at 6.6 per cent in 2016-17. This is because the economic activity would take more time to normalise due to the government’s move to demonetise high-value notes.
- As per a survey conducted by Amazon India the national capital, Delhi, has emerged as the most well-read city in India for the fourth consecutive year followed by Bengaluru and Mumbai taking the second and third spot, respectively.